Keep Calm...All Things Carry-On
Posted by Erin Madden on Feb 27, 2017 11:27:53 AM
Whether you are flying from California to Vegas for a weekend or headed to Cancun for a week of Spring Break, traveling is a lot. We know this and admit this, even coming from a tour operator company. It is 2017. You’d think someone would have come up with teleportation by now. While we are patiently waiting for that, we are going to have to stick with the basic forms of travel and transportation, and all the baggage that comes along with it...
If you checked a bag or put your suitcase filled with clothes in the overhead compartment your additional carry-on bag is sacred for your trip. This is the bag that will carry all essentials you need to successfully get you to your destination. Check out all things you need to know about carry-ons, our favorite bags to travel with, and products, facts and tips you will thank us for later.
Carry-On Bags: Find Your Perfect Match
Drawstring bags, totes, backpacks, purses, bindles however you feel most comfortable carrying your necessities. Personally I’m a drawstring or small backpack kind of girl. They are convenient, easy to carry, and can serve as your beach bag! Also when you are partying with your friend they are securely strapped to your back.
After traveling with my friends I quickly saw the hype about rolling luggage. If you chose rolling suitcases over duffle bags to transport your clothes, check out this convenient carry-on bag that allows you to secure your items on your rolling luggage handles. It is seriously life changing when traveling.
Not exactly sure what the inside of your additional carry-on bag should look like? We've given you a list of items you will need to have accessible and we found useful when traveling.
Travel Essentials You Can't Leave Behind
- Passport (internationally traveling)
- A photo copy of your passport/ Identification
- Boarding pass/ Tickets
- Credit cards, ATM cards
- Cash of international currency
I typically chose the cheap route when keeping sure my essentials are all together. I put everything I need in a big plastic bag, there are many travel document organizers that are much more professional. You can find some very affordable ones on Amazon!
Entertainment is Key
- Choice of reading material
- Electronics-cell phone,tablet, laptop, GoPro
- Portable Charger: Finding outlets in airports can be challenging and if your phone dies listening to music on your flight you will not be happy listening to that crying baby
- Airborne: to keep your immune system strong-after long flights and partying for a week your body will be very thankful for this
- Hand Sanitizer Spray: The Honest Company helps us travel germ free with lemongrass, orange, and lavender scented hand sanitizer.
- Travel tooth brush and toothpaste
- Eye Drops- because of the dry environment in the air your eyes dry out when you fly.
- Invest in Deodorizing Body Biodegradable Wipes to clean up before, during, and after your flight
Helpful Carry-On Tips
- Check a bag with your friends if you are not traveling solo. Combine what everyone needs: Toiletries, hair dryers, straighteners, shoes, beauty products, sun screen, purses/bags, snacks etc., check the duffle bag, and split the price
- Bring a carry-on bag that has an alternative use as a beach bag
- Although you cannot get any liquids through security, bring a water bottle to fill up after passing through security. You can also ask the flight attendants to fill it up in the back
Carry-On Liquid Facts
Because Airlines are picky about passengers traveling with liquids, here's a basic run down of the liquid policy: (3-1-1)
- 3.4 ounce bottles or less
- 1 quart size bag of liquid: sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, lotion, nips etc.
- 1 bag per person
Regardless of whether you are a seasoned traveler or getting ready for your first trip on a plane, packing a carry-on is truly an art. Hopefully these hints will help you pack your perfect carry-on bag. For more travel tips subscribe to our blog!