StudentCity wants to help you brush up on the many uses of baking soda. Keep a box or two of this around in your apartment or dorm and save money on many other more expensive alternatives for daily cleansing and hygiene routines, or keep these in mind for when you’ve run out of a product and are in a crunch to get showered and ready without having time to run to the store!
Here are 7 uses for baking soda that your wallet will thank you for checking out…
1. Brushing your teeth. Sprinkle some baking soda onto your toothbrush for a peroxide-free whitening experience.
2. Washing your face. One tablespoon of baking soda + 1 tablespoon of honey will suffice for a cheap and easy do-it-yourself facial exfoliating scrub that is acne preventing and won’t dry out your skin.
3. Make a homemade deodorant. This may sound crazy and ineffective but combining 4 tablespoons of baking soda with about 10 drops of your favorite essential oil and then applying to your underarms will create an antiperspirant.
4. Acne spot-treatment. Create a paste with baking soda and water, apply to acne-affected area. This will dry out your unwanted blemish.
5. Cleanse your hair. Dissolve about 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a glass of warm water and apply it to your roots in the shower. Comb your hair through before rinsing out the mixture. This will reduce the product build-up on your hair and allow you to shampoo less often!
6. Soothe your stomach. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with warm water and consume to soothe stomach problems such as heartburn, gas, and acid stomach.
7. Soak your skin. Dissolve some baking soda directly into your bath for a soothing cleanse- and you wont need soap!
Let us know if you have any other top secret uses for baking soda!