Arrive in Freeport, Bahamas unlike any other Spring Break destination by way of a ferry. You’ll board the ferry in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on the first morning of your trip. (We recommend getting to Ft. Lauderdale the night before or driving overnight so that you do not miss the ferry!)
A member of the StudentCity Freeport Staff will be at the ferry terminal in Ft. Lauderdale and will make the trip over to The Bahamas with you. In most cases, your StudentCity Welcome Orientation will take place on board the ferry, so as to not waste any time once you get to paradise.
Upon arriving in Freeport, you will exit the ferry and pick up any luggage you may have checked, and you will proceed to the private busses that StudentCity has waiting for you to bring you to your resort. StudentCity Staff will be present at the ferry terminal in Freeport as well, pointing you in the right direction.
Facts About the Fast Ferry to Freeport Spring Break:
- Name of ferry: Balearia Caribbean
- Food: There is a fast-food and snack cafeteria on board
- Beverage: There is a bar on board, serving soft drinks and cocktails to get the party started!
- WiFi: Available, may incur an additional cost
- Shopping: Duty free shops on board
Required Travel Documents:
While StudentCity always recommends carrying a valid passport when traveling internationally, when arriving to Freeport via ferry, a passport is not required. US Citizens have a couple options…
1) Valid US passport (must be valid for 30+ days to exit and reenter the US)
2) Original state-issued birth certificate with a valid government-issued ID (driver’s license or state ID card)
Each spring breaker is allowed two carry-on items (free of charge)!
- Carry-on item maximum dimensions: 22 inches X 18 inches X 10 inches
- Carry-on item maximum weight: 26.5 lbs
Items exceeding these dimensions or weight will be checked-in at the cost of $25 USD per way.
How to Start Planning:
Give us a call at 888-777-4642 to learn more about Freeport Spring Break and to get a custom price quote for your group, or click the button below to request more info and a StudentCity representative will contact you!